1. Collection of Personal Data
A. Information Voluntarily Provided
We collect information that you may voluntarily provide to us, including the company you work with, first name, surname, business address, business telephone number and business e-mail. Such information may be voluntarily provided on parts of the Website when you are trying to contact us and when subscribing to receive information offered on the Website.
B. Information Collected Automatically
In addition, information about your computer hardware and software is automatically collected by Berlinger when you use the Website. This information may include: your IP address, browser type, domain names, access times, geographic location, referring website addresses and other technical information such as protocol status and substatus, bytes sent and received, and server information . We may also collect information about how you interact with the Website. This information is used by us for our business purposes, including for the operation and improvement of the Website, for technical troubleshooting, to maintain quality of the Website and to provide general statistics regarding use of the Website.
2. Cookies and Other Information Collection Tools
When the User visits the Website, information may automatically be stored on his computer. This takes the form of “cookies” or a similar file that helps Berlinger in various ways. This Section provides more information to you about cookies and your rights and choices.
What are cookies? A cookie is a small file containing a string of characters that is sent to your computer when you visit a website or use an online service. When you visit the website or use the service again, the cookie allows that website or online service to recognize your browser or device. Cookies may store unique identifiers, user preferences and other information.
What is the duration cookies are stored? We may use “session cookies” or “persistent cookies.” Session cookies are temporary and expire once you close your browser or once your session ends. Persistent cookies remain on your device for much longer or until you or your browser erase them. Persistent cookies have varying durations that are dependent on their expiration date.
How do I control cookies? Web browsers allow some control of most cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to manage and delete cookies, visit www.allaboutcookies.org. Some web browsers provide settings that allow a User to reject cookies or to alert a User when a cookie is placed on the User’s computer, tablet or mobile device. Most mobile devices also offer settings to reject mobile device identifiers. Although Users are not required to accept cookies or mobile device identifiers, blocking or rejecting them may prevent access to some features available through the Website.
3. Web Analytics
4. How Information Is Used
We may use the information we collect for any of the following purposes:
- to provide the Website to you and to improve the Website;
- to operate, improve, and personalize the products and services we offer;
- to provide you with information about products and services that we that we think may be of interest to you;
- for customer service, for security, to detect fraud or illegal activities, and for archival and backup purposes in connection with the provision of the Website;
- for research and analysis purposes;
- to fulfill your requests; and
- to communicate with you.
Berlinger does not share your personal information with third parties for those third parties’ direct marketing purposes.
5. Sharing of Information
This section explains the instances we may share personal information with third parties. These instances include:
- With Third Party Service Providers Performing Services on Our Behalf. We share your personal information with our service providers to perform the functions for which we engage them. For example, we may use third parties to host the Website or assist us in providing functionality on the Website, provide data analysis and research on the Website.
- For Legal Purposes. We also may share information that we collect from Users as needed to enforce our rights, protect our property or protect the rights, property or safety of others, or as needed to support external auditing, compliance and corporate governance functions. We will disclose personal information as we deem necessary to respond to a subpoena, regulation, binding order of a data protection agency, legal process, governmental request or other legal or regulatory process. We may also share personal information as required to pursue available remedies or limit damages we may sustain.
- Changes of Control. We may transfer information, including your personal information, in connection with a change of ownership or control by or of us or any affiliated entity (in each case whether in whole or in part).
6. Security Used & Retention of Personal Data
Berlinger uses reasonable security measures designed to prevent the unauthorized intrusion to the Website, and the loss, misuse or alteration of Personal Data, which include appropriate technical and organizational security measures. We regularly review our security measures and improve them in line with technological developments. Notwithstanding the foregoing, we will not be responsible for loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse of personal information that you provide through the Website that is stored by us, or for any damages resulting from such loss, corruption or unauthorized acquisition or misuse. We will retain your personal information for as long as necessary to fulfill the purpose for which it was collected, or as required by applicable laws or regulations.
7. External Links
8. Do Not Track
Our Website does not currently take any action when it receives a Do Not Track request. Do Not Track is a privacy preference that you can set in your web browser to indicate that you do not want certain information about your webpage visits collected across websites when you have not interacted with that service on the page. For details, including how to turn on Do Not Track, visit www.donottrack.us.
We do not knowingly collect or maintain personal information from any person under the age of eighteen. No parts of our Website are directed to or designed to attract anyone under the age of eighteen.
10. Contact Us
By Mail: Berlinger USA, LLC, 222 Turnpike Road, Suite 3, Westborough, MA 01581, USA
By Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
11. Amendments to this Privacy Notice
12. Availability of this Privacy Notice
The User can access, download, save or print this Privacy Notice at any time.
Effective Date: June 30, 2021