FEEL SAFE! Isn’t that what we all want? Within Berlinger & Co. AG you can help spread that feeling, working on our Temperature Monitoring platform, used by international logistical companies, large pharmaceutical companies and NGO / NPO organisations, supplying our solutions to more than 170 countries.
This is your challenge! In the role of Software Engineer in a dynamic environment where Agile and high-quality you play an important role. You are expected to quickly learn and understand our SmartView/API application and its architecture. You will share your knowledge and use your proficiency to further develop SmartView. You will be programming extensively taking the system’s architecture into account. As senior software developer, we expect you will clearly communicate architectural improvements, technical risks,
performance trade–offs, and other technical aspects amongst the team.
You will also work on our automated build pipeline in Jenkins (our tool for CI), and further extend our means to deliver software updates and upgrades in line with our agile development approach. In practice, we expect you to spend approximately 80% of your time on architecture and development, and 20% on improving our software development approach, for example by further automating (functional) tests and optimizing the build pipeline.
IoT, AWS, high performance, security, reliable solutions, agile, micro-services, API’s are all terms in your personal dictionary? You think you got what we need? And ready to be a modern time hero? Let’s talk!
In this role you will report to the Head of Software.
WHAT YOU OFFER US:
- Very good skills in PHP and frameworks (Laravel, Zend Framework or Phalcon) and MySQL
- Good understand of technologies and standards as JSON, API, Composer, etc
- Doesn’t see writing unit and functional tests as optional
- Proeficient in English, both verbal and written. Additional language skills in Dutch and/or German would be beneficial.
- Very good interpersonal skills.
- Affinity with IoT (Internet of Things) and the related technical topics and challenges.
- Knowledge and work experience in a Agile environment.
- Knowledge with cloud services as Amazon AWS would be an advantage.
- Experience with working on a validated environment would be an advantage.
WHAT WE OFFER YOU:
- Dynamic, captivating and challenging work environment, with plenty of room to contribute and influence the future development of the group and the SmartView application.
- International work environment, working directly with our Swiss-based head office and a global customer base.
- 25 days of holidays
- Good central location, our office being convenient located at about 10 minutes walk from the the main central station.
- Home office
THINGS TO CONSIDER BEFORE APPLYING:
- Valid working VISA for NL
- A reasonable commuting time (everything above 1 1/2h one way could be already too much)
- Any side projects, samples of previous work that can be directly checked are encouraged and it will be considered advantage.
Your address will not be disclosed to third parties.
Read more about this in our privacy notice.